Expendable Teens

"$#!*"

Monday, August 21, 2006

Are you kidding me?!

Lou here...

Okay, we figured it out...this whole time I've been using my booking sheet from '96! So, every venue we've "attempted" to play this year has been shut down or knocked down. This is pretty sad given the fact that in 10 years over half the venues we played at have failed and no longer bring you the kind of music that will propell the indie spirit into the future. Now it's all American Idol Worship, which in a way is not all that bad, but I just can't seem to figure out who is exploiting who there.

Indianapolis, Indiana: The Patio in Broad Ripple. I must say I was a bit surprised to see this on the tour! There was a time it was owned by the same folks as The Vogue, and ever since Scuz took it upon himself to jump up on stage and crash the Iggy Pop show, we were "infinitely banned" from all Indianapolis venues. Come to think of it, this might have been during a Michigan show. I think there use to be a Vogue there too. Or was it The Vic in Chicago. Either way it's been awhile since we were "back home again in Indiana." Scuz kept singing this on the bus to a tape he found of Jim Neighbors...the guy that played Gomer Pyle.

So, long story short...I'm using the wrong tour book, we go to the now defunked Patio and we end up over the river in a biker bar that got a bit out of hand. J.C. Filer was there to catch the madness. Actually, they were quite nice and I promised to give a plug to the bar, but I wrote the info on the back of the old tour book and seem to have misplaced it. J.C. says there are some decent venues down around the Kentucky/Ohio boarder so we're going to check it out. Anyway, enjoy...and when in Indy (as they call it) look for this biker bar...you can't miss it...we had a BRAWL!


©2006 J.C. Filer
©2006 Expendable Teens

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home